Thursday 6 August 2009

Hoop -La-La


I am currently experiencing an obsession with the aesthetic of embroidery hoops - I figured that they'd look great against the newly painted stormy-sea teal-blue of my study/library (alright I confess its just a hallway with a bit of an alcove).

I went out and purchased five hoops in various sizes, but what to sew?

The only answer was to get on the web and gather some inspiration...









Jessica of Miniature Rhino



by Fieldguided for Bakers Dozen (You can see more from Fieldguided on their website.)








Two little wrens discussing territorial boundaries from Hare and Drum







I don't have it - but I almost want it, just so that I can justify the purchase. From The Felicity Shop



A little bit of humour - available for your wall, or a mini version on a necklace. From Janick at Nea Wear


By Lisa at Lou Lou & Oscar





Undisputed Queen of the hoop is Kimberly from Chez-Sucre-Chez


























By Erin from Etsy shop Wall Work
How about skipping the embroidery all together but keeping the aesthetic


as seen here with Richard and Rebekah's blackoards from Bliss in a Teacup

No comments:

Post a Comment