Wednesday 5 August 2009

In The Beginning

These pictures really capture the summery mood that I'm in - in spite of the rain which is persistently dominating Britain this Summer.






Just Like starting to write in a new notebook, I am beginning to blog in nervous anticipation. As a child (and even now as a grown-up) I spent so long picking out the most beautiful stationary that I could find, then became paralysed with the fear that I might mess it up, with ink splodges, or using the wrong colour pen. Worst, I feared that I might not be able to produce drawings or writings worthy of my beautiful book, which would then become sullied with my incompetence. I loose track of the numbers of empty sketch pads and notebooks that are in drawers or on shelves waiting for me to be inspired enough to be deemed worthy to grace their pages with my drawings.

Such is the life of a perfectionist with obsessive compulsive tendencies.

As I attempt to start this blog I am filled with the same feelings of unworthiness. I've spent far too long picking out colours and fonts, and am now daunted that I will sully my beautiful pages. Nevertheless I will persevere. The pictures above are the images which inspired my colour palette for the blog. Perhaps it's because I grew up in an old fashioned English Seaside resort, but the sea is never far from my heart and I love the contrast of sun bleached sand, sea blues and the gaudy reds of cossies and balloons. I also adore the nostalgia of sun bleached snaps.

Luckily for me there's a great Colour Palette Generator website that picks out the colour profiles from any image. All you have to do is select an image, insert it's URL into the search bar and magically two separate little colour palettes will appear.
You then just cut and paste the codes into your blog preferences. I used the top image on this post to inspire my blog's colour palette. It's by Elle Moss who's etsy shop is full of inspiring images.
I hope that the images on this post (most of which I found on Summer Allen-Gibson's blog Design is Mine - her selections are beautiful, elegantly presented and truly inspiring) capture what this blog will be about. Lovely pictures, a world to explore and a home to come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment