Friday 7 August 2009

Spellbound

On Fridays from now on, how about a little eye candy? I'm going to try and post up a collection of fripperies which make my heart beat a little faster, and in some cases induce the panicky I must have it now sensation.


Today its the turn of these beautiful pendant lights from RE-found Objects made from vintage jelly moulds. They're £45.00, although I suppose that if you had kept your eye out for similar moulds at antique and second hand stores and had reasonable knowledge of electric wiring (or the services of a willing electrician) you could probably make these yourself.
Either way I know I want them in my kitchen, if and when I've saved enough to have it re-fitted. The trouble with saving is there's too many kitchen accessories that I'd buy in advance, (for when my house is perfect) which stop me from saving up the money. I guess there's also the other problem of my darling mister who eschews all things frivolous in favour of things which get the job done with less money and hassle spent. He may not take well to these - and to be fair he does stop our house becoming a succession of novelty furnishings and visual jokes.
I'm going to spend the weekend hunting down an antique blanket box to keep my shoes in, and perhaps a trip to the zoo, which is one place where my mister is prepared to indulge my childish tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment