Monday 10 August 2009

Sunny Summer Days

Over the weekend I got back in touch with all the reasons why I chose to live in Bristol. On Saturday we went walking to the city farm, and saw the ducklings. Ate overlooking the river, and took the ferry along it afterwards. Later on we went to the park at the end of the road and watched the balloons from the day's Balloon Fiesta gathering in the sunset. I captured the moment with the Polaroid that mister bought me for Christmas - the day and the shots make me feel nostalgic for summer's past, when I had nothing better to do than lie down in the long grass and day dream.

On Sunday I painted the dining room a beautiful summery pistachio green - we opened up the back doors and let in the smell of the lavender, the newly budding purple flowers looked beautiful in contrast to the new paint. Then celebrated with a close friend, homemade lemon cake, and a good bottle of wine courtesy of mister's brother.










No comments:

Post a Comment